When You Bring Your Wild Game To Us, You Will Receive;
- Professional quality cutting & wrapping
- Product packaging to your specifications
Cutting Services Available
- Skinning with or without head or rug mounts
- Large animal quartering
- Custom grinding with or without added pork
- Roasts – boneless
- Steaks & chops – bone in /boneless
- Trim – medium grind
- Stew – boneless
- Fresh sausage (minimum required weight 24 lb) return weight – 46 lb
- Pepperettes (minimum required weight 20 lb) return 320 pc
(All Minimum Weight Requirements Are Boneless & All Yield Weights & Piece Counts Are Approximate)
PRICING for Fall 2020
Moose; Skinning – $75.00 Quartering – $40.00 Skinning For Head Mount – $125.00
Deer; Skinning – $25.00
Skinning For Head Mount – $60.00
Bear; Skinning – $60.00 Skinning For Head & Rug Mount – $100.00
Caribou; Skinning – $30.00
Skinning For Head Mount – $100.00
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, Indoor facilities are no longer available for those who wish to skin their own animals.
PLEASE BRING YOUR GAME IN , UNSKINNED OR IT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
We have a refrigerated cooler outside, where you can drop your animal after hours, but please note that there will be no one available to help outside of shop hours, WITHOUT EXCEPTION. Our butchers work incredibly long and hard hours during hunting season and need to have their rest at night, in order to start again in the morning. The cooler is located on the right hand side of the driveway and will be clearly marked. It is the first cooler door, not the second one, which is locked. There is a light you can turn on while you are here, but please remember to turn it off when you leave. You can place your animal in the cooler and tag it with your name and phone number. We will call you for cutting instructions.
Fresh Sausage; requires a minimum of 24 lb boneless meat- return yield approximately 46 lb – $3.49 per pound on finished weight. This is our basic, wild game flavour. Other flavours may be available at $3.79 per pound. Please inquire when ordering.
Pepperettes; require a minimum of 20 lb boneless meat- return yield approximately 320 pieces at $.45 each or $144.00 per 320 piece.
Custom cutting of deer, bear and caribou; $1.00 per lb on skinned, hanging weight includes – Custom grinding with or without added pork, roasts- boneless, steaks & chops – bone in /boneless, trim – medium grind, stew – boneless
$100 minimum cutting charge
Custom cutting of moose; $1.10 per lb on skinned, hanging weight includes – Custom grinding with or without added pork, roasts- boneless, steaks & chops – bone in /boneless, trim – medium grind, stew – boneless
Moose special cut; $1.25 per lb
All above are freezer paper wrapped to your specifications.
$110 minimum cutting charge
Custom grinding and wrapping available at $1.00 per lb
Pork available for mixing at market price.
All cutting & processing charges are subject to applicable taxes.
We are again, your “Hats For Hides Program, Depot”.
All hides must be salted in order for us to accept them and must not be rotted. Please call for further information. We have a salting station, but you must do your beforehand, own when you are here.
Recommendations On the Care Of Your Game
- The most important thing to do is to cool down your game as fast as possible. An animal starts to cook from the inside out, as soon as it dies.
- Gut the animal immediately.
- Open the anal vent as large around as possible – your knife will tell you where to stop.
- Take care not to spill the bladder or feces. That will lead to contamination or bad taste.
- Remember that the better job you do cleaning your animal, the better quality of meat you will end up with.
- Back at home or camp, wipe out or lightly rinse the blood and debris.
- Hang carcass in a shaded, breezy area.
- Prop stomach cavity and hams open wide. This will facilitate quicker cooling and drying, especially at night. Sheds and buildings of any kind are not recommended after the carcass has cooled.
- We are a “skin on” only, facility. Do not skin the animal. Please call us for details on this rule.
- With the climate change we have been experiencing over the last several years, it is advisable to get your carcass to a processor as quickly as possible. Otherwise, store at 36* or lower.
- We have a 24/7 refrigerated drop off facility.At Country Meat Cuts, we are dedicated to supplying you and your family with a finished product you can all enjoy. See above for our extensive list of cutting choices.
Just a quick note to say how pleased I am with the deer that you guys processed in December. Not only was the packaging done extremely professionally, the meat was cut to perfection, not a lot of fat, and in excellent portions. Also, the sausages are amazing. You know when my boys and even my wife likes them, they are good!
Thanks once again and rest assured I will be back when/if I get my deer next year.
– Brad McLeaming.